Transplantation E-Book, 4th Edition
Transplantation meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
New to This Edition
- Written by an expanded group of authors with an increased international dimension to the content of all volumes.
- Fully updated to reflect the multidisciplinary team approach to transplant medicine.
- A standardised approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
- Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
By John L. R. Forsythe, MD FRCS (Ed) FRCS(Eng), Consultant Transplant and Endocrine Surgeon, Transplant Unit, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Professor, Clinical Surgery, University of Edinburgh, UK.; Edited by John L. R. Forsythe, MD FRCS (Ed) FRCS(Eng), Consultant Transplant and Endocrine Surgeon, Transplant Unit, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Professor, Clinical Surgery, University of Edinburgh, UK.