Rang & Dale's Pharmacology, 7th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology provides you with all the knowledge you need to get through your pharmacology course and beyond. Drs. Humphrey P. Rang, Maureen M. Dale, James M. Ritter, Rod Flower, and Graeme Henderson present a clear and accessible approach to the analysis of therapeutic agents at the cellular and molecular level through detailed diagrams, full-color illustrations, and pedagogical features. Plus, USMLE-style review questions and additional learning tools online at studentconsult.com make this the perfect resource to turn to for a full understanding of key concepts in pharmacology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Apply current best practices and clinical applications through thoroughly updated and revised drug information.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the field thanks to major updates in chapters such as How Drugs Act; Amino Acid Transmitters; Analgesic Drugs; Antidepressant Drugs; and Drug Addiction, Dependence & Abuse.
- Tap into comprehensive content tailored to your courses with new and reorganized chapters on Host Defense; Inflammatory Mediators; Pharmacogenetics, Pharmacogenomics & Personalized Medicine; Hydroxytoptomine & The Pharmacy of Migraine; and Purines.
- Access the fully searchable text online at studentconsult.com, along with 500 USMLE-style multiple-choice review questions, and online only references.
- Find and cross-reference information quickly using a color-coded layout that makes navigation easy.
- Effectively understand and review key concepts through detailed diagrams and full-color illustrations that clarify even the most complex concepts.
- Reinforce your learning with key points boxes and clinical uses boxes that highlight crucial information and clinical applications.
"This textbook nimbly covers a wide, complex subject without dumbing it down...It's easy to read (in bite sized chunks) and the liberal use of colour, and high quality paper, add a feel-good factor". BMA Awards 2007, review of the previous edition
By Humphrey P. Rang, MB MS MA DPhil FMedSci FRS Hon FBPharmacolS, Emeritus Professor of Pharmacology, University College London, London, UK; Maureen M. Dale, MB BCh PhD, Senior Teaching Fellow, Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK; James M. Ritter, DPhil FRCP FBPharmacolS FMedSci, Emeritus Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, King’s College London, London, UK; Rod J. Flower, PhD DSc FBPharmacolS FMedSci FRS, Professor, Biochemical Pharmacology, The William Harvey Research Institute, Barts and the London, Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK and Graeme Henderson, BSc PhD FBPharmacolS, Professor of Pharmacology, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK