Practical Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography, 2nd Edition
Text with DVD-ROM
A practical, full-color guide with videos, Practical Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography, 2nd Edition, by Drs. David Sidebotham, Alan F. Merry, Malcolm E. Leggett, and Mark L. Edwards, will help improve your diagnosis and monitoring of perioperative cardiac patients. Reflecting five years of new research and clinical data in TEE, the book captures the latest developments in the field, and new chapters on epiaortic and 3D echocardiography, echocardiography in the ICU, and echocardiography for adult congenital heart disease have been added. The videos on DVD demonstrate normal and pathologic findings in real time. The result is an outstanding tool for certification preparation and clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Improve your ability to recognize abnormalities in TEE with extensive videos of both normal and pathologic findings.
- Master new techniques with added chapters on epiaortic echocardiography, 3D echocardiography, echocardiography in the ICU, and echocardiography for adult congenital heart disease.
- Understand the fundamental scientific principles and clinical applications of TEE in heart surgery.
- Find the answers you need quickly with handy hints highlighted in text boxes, key points, and numerous line drawings.
- Prepare for board certification by reviewing slides of key points that are included on the DVD.
"This text contains a well-focused, succinctly presented, and beautifully illustrated summary of the current state of perioperative transesophageal echocardiography. This reviewer highly recommends it to those preparing to enter the field as well as experienced users of transesophageal echocardiography." Anesthesia & Analgesia (review of previous edition)
By David Sidebotham, MD, MBChB, FANZCA, Deapartments of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand; Alan Merry, MD, Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand and Malcolm Legget, MD, Echo-Cardiologist, Green Lane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand