Positional Release Techniques E-Book, 3rd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Print - Paperback||$63.95|
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Manual Therapy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
A comprehensive textbook covering all methods of spontaneous release by positioning. The background theory is explained and the techniques described in detail. The descriptions of the techniques are supplemented in the text by clear 2-colour line drawings and photographs and the DVD-ROM provides additional explanation through the use of video demonstrations with narrative by the author.
New to This Edition
- Three new contributed chapters: Sacro-occipital technique use of padded wedges for diagnosis and treatment; Overview of the McKenzie Method; and Application of positional techniques in the treatment of animals.
- Completely updated, with additional new videoclips included on DVD-ROM.
- 56 new 2-colour line drawings and 27 new photographs.
- Compares all major positional release methods, from strain/counterstrain to functional osteopathy
- Details step-by-step use of these manual methods
- Describes integrated use with other manual approaches, such as Muscle Energy Techniques
- Provides explanations of treatment of both muscle and joint problems
- Explains how the methods can be used to treat bedridden patients
- Emphasises safety and usefulness in both acute and chronic settings
By Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK