Muscle Energy Techniques E-Book, 3rd Edition
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Manual Therapy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
Describes the basis and practice of MET ie those manipulative techniques in which a patient, on request, actively uses his or her muscles from a controlled position in a specific direction against a distinct counterforce applied by the practitioner.. This is now a widely recognised approach to the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction. It combines methods used in physical therapy, osteopathy, chiropractic and manual medicine. The text provides a comprehensive and uptodate presentation of the techniques. The DVD-Rom includes video clips to demonstrate the application of the techniques and so supports and supplements the text.
New to This Edition
- Additional techniques are added to both text and DVD-ROM videos.
- Information is expanded on some of the techniques included in previous edition.
- Content is updated throughout, with reference to the latest published research.
- Four new chapters cover efficacy and research, MET in a massage therapy setting, MET in treatment of athletic injuries, and MET in physical medicine settings.
- Details the background to soft tissue dysfunction and explains the chain reactions which occur as part of such dysfunctions.
- Provides precise assessment and diagnosis guidelines.
- Gives many variations on the safe use of MET in acute, chronic, and rehabilitation settings.
- Explains the use of MET for whole muscle problems, local dysfunction, and joint restrictions.
- Suggests patient self-application methods.
- Includes a companion DVD-ROM with video clips of the author demonstrating the techniques.
By Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK; Edited by Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK