Harty's Endodontics in Clinical Practice, 6th Edition
This is a new edition of the now classic book which has established itself as a standard text for dental students.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes new imaging techniques such as Cone Beam Computed Tomography
- A new chapter on diagnosis, integral to treatment planning, patient management and care
- Recent research findings on the pathogenesis of endodontic disease and the management of persistent infection in previously treated teeth
- A completely rewritten chapter on the restoration of endodontically treated teeth
- Newer treatment modalities and materials such as regenerative techniques and Mineral Trioxide Aggregate in endodontics
- The use and development of NiTi instruments, both hand and rotary, which are increasingly popular for preparing root canals
- Published for the first time in full colour with over 185 new images!
- Practical approach to the subject, taking the reader through every step of endodontic practice from scientific basis to patient assessment and through to clinical techniques
- Evidence-based approach to ensure safe clinical practice
- More than 250 illustrations, many in full colour, presenting clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- A logical approach to the subject by building upon a clear explanation of the underlying scientific principles
- Prepared by international contributors to ensure a wider appeal
- Written at a level which is ideal for dental student, general and vocational dental practitioners
Comments about previous edition:
This is a very informative textbook which I would definitely recommend and have learnt from. I wish I had known about it and read it on my undergraduate course - at the time I had not realised that there was such a concise book on the subject at a suitable level, interesting and easy to read!
This book should give people the confidence and encouragement to perform more endodontic procedures.
Georgina Baker, PG Student, Eastman Dental Institute, UK
Overall, an EXCELLENT and concise endodontic book for all clinicians of varying backgrounds and experience. I would highly recommend it!
Miss Zahra Hussain, PG Student, Eastman Dental Institute, UK
Harty’s Endodontics in Clinical Practice</i> is an excellent text for both the undergraduate dental student and the busy general dental practitioner. Its logical, evidence-based chapters and concise approach progress through the course of endodontic treatment with the aid of excellent diagrams, radiographs and photographs, giving the reader a clear and easy explanation as to the principles of root canal treatment, the essentials of periradicular surgery and the management of traumatic injuries. This is an excellent reference text for a continually evolving field.
Tony Preston, Senior Lecturer in Endodontics, Liverpool, UK
‘With Endodontics now a recognised specialty within the UK, this book has established itself as the definitive text on the subject for the undergraduate dentist. The meticulous detail and excellent editing ensure there is little in the book to be criticised.’
Student, MAD Magazine - Barts and The London Students' Association, June 2004
Edited by Bun San Chong, BDS(Lond), LDS, RCS(Eng), MSc(Lond), MFGDP(UK), MRD, PhD(Lond), FDS, RCS(Eng), Specialist in Endodontics, King's College London Dental Institute at Guy's, King's College and St Thomas' Hospitals, London, UK