Essential Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This is the fifth edition of a popular, highly readable primer in obstetrics and gynaecology. It has been thoroughly updated and reconfigured to key into the new undergraduate curriculum n O&G devised by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New editor: Professor Sabaratnam Arulkumaran.
- Now a multi-authored text written by eminent experts from across the specialty.
- Book entirely restructured to reflect the national undergraduate curriculum in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Two new appendices: Principles of Perioperative Care and Governance, Audit and Research.
- Over 100 self-assessment MCQs at the end of the book.
- Highly illustrated throughout.
- Essential information points at the end of chapters.
- Case histories throughout.
- Practical procedures boxes throughout.
- Alert (warnings or advice) and tick (guidance or definitions) boxes throughout.
From customer reviews of the previous edition:
‘This is the O&G textbook to get! It is divided into three sections: a concise description of the basic science, then separate sections on obstetrics and gynaecology. The level of detail is spot on. The pages are colourful and friendly with clinical scenarios, essential points, pictures and tables throughout. The text is broken up by lots of headings for ease of reading and each chapter ends with a brief summary of the essential points - perfect for revision. Information is easy to find via the index and all the main subjects are covered. Marvellous.’
‘This is a very clear book which covers a variety of topics about O&G. It is suitable for beginners, but you may find it talking too briefly as you progress. Overall, this is a good book to start with.’
‘A very attractive text for undergraduates in medicine, midwives and SHOs in obstetrics and gynaecology preparing for the DRCOG. The text is comprehensive but clear and concise...the graphics are outstanding. This is definitely a textbook to inspire students...and is aesthetically a very pleasing book to handle and read.’
Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Edited by Ian M. Symonds, MD MBBS BMedSci MRCOG ILTM, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Newcastle, John Hunter Hospital, NSW, Australia and Sabaratnam Arulkumaran, MBBS MD PhD FRCS(Ed) FRCOG FACOG HonFCOG(SA), Professor and Academic Head, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George’s University Medical School, London, UK