Transplantation Print and enhanced E-Book, 4th Edition
A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Ever since the publication of the first edition in 1997, the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series has met the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants by providing contemporary, evidence-based information on the sub-specialist areas relevant to their general surgical practice. All eight volumes are thoroughly edited and supported by evidence-based references to support key recommendations. This new Fourth Edition brings together the relevant state-of-the-art specialist information that the editors and authors consider important for the practising sub-specialist general surgeon. Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- Modern techniques in transplantation and new forms of immunosuppression are emphasised throughout this volume.
- The substantial interest in new organ perfusion and in the preservation techniques in organ donation and transplantation are reflected in a new chapter written by an international expert.
- All the chapters reflect transplant care as a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians working in a collaborative fashion.
- A standardised approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
- Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
By John L. R. Forsythe, MD, FRCS(Ed), FRCS, Consultant Transplant Surgeon, Transplant Unit, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Reader in Clincal and Surgical Sciences (Surgery), University of Edinburgh, UK