Nasal Reconstruction: Art and Practice
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
A nasal reconstruction authority shows you how to obtain the best outcomes and repair unsatisfactory results from former surgeries. In addition to presenting the latest principles and techniques, this new resource also examines evolving concepts and methods, keeping you at the forefront of today’s practice. The book emphasizes the restoration of nasal defects—from simple to complex—and achieving normal appearance and function. Comprehensive coverage of all nasal injuries and available surgical methods—both cutting edge as well as older, established approaches—help you choose the best approach for each patient and situation. Full-color clinical photos offer real-life clinical views of conditions and step-by-step surgical results, and a bonus DVD—featuring operative clips—shows techniques in action as well as providing hints and tips for obtaining optimal surgical outcomes.
- Offers detailed coverage of the principles of nasal reconstruction and application of the aesthetic principles as they apply to the whole face.
- Discusses design, planning, technique, and pitfalls to avoid for the full range of nasal reconstruction for complete surgical management guidance.
- Covers the latest topics in reconstruction including three-stage forehead flap • repair of the cocaine nose • advances in the use of free flaps for lining • forehead skin graft • microvascular reconstruction of the nose and face • and revision surgery to equip you to meet a wide range of surgical needs.
- Features guidance on reconstruction of nasal defects due to cancer, trauma, infection, congential deformity, drug abuse, and collagen vascular disease.
- Provides expert advice on revision surgery—as well as refinement/touch-up procedures—to effectively handle a previously repaired nose.
- Includes a DVD with 90 minutes of surgical footage—including cases with a complete 2 stage and a 3 stage folded forehead flap—as well as hints and tips for obtaining optimal surgical outcomes.
"Menick presents his principles and practice of nasal reconstruction with detailed descriptions of over 140 cases organized by defect and technique… Is the book worth buying? The answer is unequivocally yes for four reasons: first, it is well written, second, it is fun to read, third, it is sufficiently detailed to aid you in operating while avoiding disasters and finally, it is filled with valuable lessons applicable to all regions of reconstructive surgery."
Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, Volume 62(6), June 2009
"Speaking of money, is the book worth buying? The answer is unequivocally yes for four reasons: first, it is well written, second, it is fun to read, third, it is sufficiently detailed to aid you in operating while avoiding disasters and finally, it is filled with valuable lessons applicable to all regions of reconstructive surgery. Even if you no longer perform reconstructive surgery, this book is an ideal gift for your favorite trainee." Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery Vol 62, Issue 6, June 2009, Page 726
By Frederick J. Menick, MD, Associate Professor, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson AZ