The Practitioner as Teacher, 4th Edition
Hello, we will be performing scheduled maintenance from 1:00 AM until 4:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on May 28, 2015. Due to this maintenance, ebooks will be temporarily unavailable for purchase. Print book purchases will be unaffected. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Do you mentor student nurses and/or newly registered nurses?
This is a trusted handbook on how to teach others: peers, students, patients and relatives.
Using a ‘talking through’ strategy this is a practical ‘How to’ guide, rather than an academic treatise, with a much stronger focus on the use of competencies.
Sections focus on these key areas:
• How people learn
• How to teach
• How to use competencies in teaching
• How to support learners
• How to assess teaching & learning
New to This Edition
This edition has been updated in the areas of:
• The Knowledge and Skills Framework (part of Agenda for Change)
• Competency-based practice
• NVQs – National Vocational Qualifications
• Re-registering with the NMC
• Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
• Learning objectives begin each chapter
• Sets teaching within the context of nursing and education
• Aids the teaching of reflective practice
• Activities and exercises reinforce learning
• Cartoons illustrate significant points.
Edited by Sue Hinchliff, BA, MSc, RGN, RNT, Visiting Professor in Nursing and Nursing Education, London South Bank University, London, UK; Consultant to Accreditation Unit, Royal College of Nursing, London, UK