Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features, Print, and DVD, 2-Volume Set
A new, definitive source on glaucomaTable of Contents
New to This Edition
Recent dramatic advances in diagnosis, as well as medical and surgical treatment, mean that you can offer your glaucoma patients more timely and effective interventions. This brand-new clinical reference delivers the comprehensive, expert guidance you need to make optimal use of these new approaches…online, in print, and on video on DVD! Get in-depth guidance on all aspects of adult and pediatric glaucoma with one volume devoted to diagnosis and medical treatment, and another that focuses on surgical techniques.
- Presents world-class expertise through advice from leading specialists across six continents.
- Captures key diagnostic findings and operative procedures with 1,200 high-quality images and photographs-1,000 in full color-that highlight nuances of glaucoma presentation and treatment.
- Covers all aspects of adult and pediatric glaucoma in Volume One, and the latest diagnostic imaging techniques including ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography.
- Guides you through the newest surgical techniques-such as trabeculectomy, gonio-surgery, combined surgeries, and implant procedures-in Volume Two.
- Features an entire section devoted to new horizons, including the latest in stem cell research, gene transfer, and implants.
- Allows quick reference thanks to a well-organized, user-friendly full-color layout.
- Provides access to the contents of the book online with downloadable images, Gold Standard drug information, and more.
- Includes a DVD that features 25 diagnostic and surgical techniques being performed in real time on video.
"Tarek Shaarawy, Mark Sherwood, Roger Hitchings, and Jonathan Crowston have coedited a masterful new 2-volume text on the diagnosis and therapy of glaucoma. Both the ophthalmologist-in-training and the ophthalmologist faced with glaucoma decision making on a regular basis could probably not do better than consulting-if not beginning with-this text for a thorough evaluation." -- JAMA, January 12, 2011-Vol 305, No. 2
"It is quickly becoming my favorite text." -- Sandra M. Johnson, MD, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Virginia
"It serves as a handy reference for the clinician when the hard copy is not immediately available, literally at one’s fingertips. This book is a must for the glaucoma specialist and a welcome addition for the comprehensive ophthalmologist." -- Paul J. Lama, MD
"These two volumes are, in my opinion, the definitive text upon which all others will have to strive to compete against. It was a pleasure to read through them, and they will reside in an honored place on my active clinical bookshelf and should be there in yours as well." -- Reviewed by Richard Bensinger, MD for Ocular Surgery News (Sept. 2010)
By Tarek Shaarawy, MD, MSc, Consultant Ophthalmologist and Head, Glaucoma Sector, Ophthalmology Service, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Geneva, Switzerland; Mark B. Sherwood, FRCP, FRCOphth, Daniels Professor, Departments of Ophthalmology and Cell Biology, Director of Vision Research Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA; Roger A. Hitchings, FRCP, FRCOphth, Professor of Ophthalmology and Consultant, Director of Research and Development, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK and Jonathan G. Crowston, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Melbourne, Centre for Eye Research Australia, Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia