Foundations for Health Promotion , 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$56.95|
Hugely popular with students, Health Promotion is now in its third edition, and has been thoroughly updated to provide the theoretical framework that is vital for health promotion. It offers a foundation for practice that encourages students and practitioners to identify opportunities for health promotion in their area of work.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully revised and updated information, guidelines, and reference provide the latest information for clinical practice.
- New illustrations clarify important health promotion concepts.
• Fully updated to reflect the many changes in health promotion theory, practice and policy
• Illustrative examples, activities and discussion points encourage interaction and reflection
• Unique, user-friendly approach makes learning easy
"This is a comprehensive, user-friendly book, discussing the foundations for health promotion practice using many relevant practical examples, activities and discussion points... This book would comprise a useful resource for those wishing to develop their health promotion practice by considering the theory, policies and principles behind the practice of health promotion."
Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 2009
''The text includes interactive exercises that are designed to encourage readers to reflect on their values, debate the issues and apply their knowledge and understanding to practice situation. In summary, this is a comprehensive, user-friendly book, discussing the foundations for health promotion practice using many relevant practical examples, activities and discussion points.''
Foundations for Health Promotion, J Naidoo
By Jennie Naidoo, BSc, MSc, PGDip, PGCE, Principal Lecturer, Health Promotion and Public Health, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK; and Jane Wills, BA, MA, MSc, PGCE, Reader in Public Health, London South Bank University, London, UK