Dictionary of Optometry and Visual Science, 7th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Completely updated, revised, and redesigned, this edition includes all of the features that have made it so successful in the past, such as succinct understandable definitions, extensive tables and illustrations, and practical clinical advice. Plus, it now includes many new entries on pathology, pharmacology, investigative techniques, refractive surgery, contact lenses and visual perception.
New to This Edition
- New entries covering ocular pathology, ocular pharmacology and therapeutics; ocular anatomy and basic sciences; investigative techniques; psychology of vision; and visual perception.
- Thoroughly updated to include the latest information on topics relevant to the optometric profession.
- A fresh, colorful design helps users find information quickly.
- New tables and illustrations highlight and clarify key concepts.
- Over 5400 terms are included.
- Tables and helpful illustrations help users understand important concepts and terms.
- A fresh new colour approach to help you find information quickly.
- Foundation information is offered on essential areas such as basic sciences, optics, and refraction.
- Practical clinical advice included with many definitions.
"Optometrists and optometry students will find this a quick, thorough and accurate teaching reference."
"In it, the reader will find much more than a dictionary." Optometry and Visual Science
"This is a book I heartily recommend." The Optician
"I think the Dictionary of Optometry…has a place in every optometric practice." Journal of the American Optometric Association
"For those…who seek enlightenment, they will surely find it in this comprehensive volume." British Journal of Ophthalmology
"Undergraduate optometry students should regard the book as an essential purchase as both a primary reference book and a revision guide." Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics
"…its existence helps define the scope of clinical optometry and experimental optometry for ourselves and for other professionals." Clinical and Experimental Optometry
"Truly a wonderland of information…" Contact Lens Journal
By Michel Millodot, OD, PhD, DOSc(Hon,) FAAO, FCOptom, Honorary Professor, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, UK; Professor Emeritus, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong