The Student Nurse Handbook, 2nd Edition
This book is an indispensable guide on how to get into and survive a pre-registration nursing course. With an immensely readable style this book inspires and encourages students to complete their course and become a nurse.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully updated in line with changes in nursing practice e.g. the revised NMC Code of Professional Conduct, the Disability Discrimination Act, Agenda for Change and the Knowledge and Skills Framework, Essence of Care.
- Expanded section on nursing models
- More help with drug dosage calculations to assist students in developing their numeric skills.
- More on help on writing assignments and how to use research, including applications to practice
- Expanded appendices on children’s nursing and mental health branches.
- Template forms to assist with course applications, planning assignments and a check list for placements
- Case studies and quotes from students and nurses show readers that their thoughts and feelings are shared by others - this validation will reduce stress and anxiety and give credibility
- Humour and cartoons make the text readable and fun to use
- Hints, tips and practical advice encourage the ‘flagging’ student
- Appendices list other useful resources, contact details for organisations and websites
- The two-colour design makes it attractive to use
“This is an excellent and inspirational book for those embarking on a nursing course. The content provides a host of useful and indispensable information for all nursing pathways.”
Nursing Standard, January 28 :: vol 23 no 21 :: 2009
By Bethann Siviter, BSc(Hons), RN, DN Cert, Dip HE, Nurse Consultant, South Birmingham Primary Care Trust, Moseley Hall Hospital, Birmingham, UK; Past Chair of the Association of Nursing Students and former student member of RCN Council, District Nurse Team Leader