Community Public Health in Policy and Practice, 2nd Edition
Limited Stock - Order Soon
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$58.95|
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. Since the first edition of this book was published, there has been considerable change across public health, health visiting and community nursing. The positive emphasis on developing and describing all services in relation to their purpose and client/user group is reflected in this second, emphasizing multi-disciplinarity and service focus rather than individual professions, whilst retaining the essential emphasis on policy and practice. Familiar occupational titles, such as health visitor, community development worker, midwife or nurse are still used within the chapters, recognizing the continued division of labour and major contributions to public health made by specific grass roots occupations. This second edition has been completely reorganised, expanded and updated to keep up with the rapid progress across the field of community public health.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Seven totally new chapters on Partnership Working; Parenting and Family Support; Complex Community-based Initiatives; Leadership through Alongsideness; Quality in a Public Health Service and Immunization
- Four chapters completely rewritten: Health Needs Assessments; Collaborating for Health; Breastfeeding and Public Health; Safeguarding Children
- All remaining chapters have been substantially updated.
- ‘Key issues' boxes identify major topics within each chapter
- Discussion questions stimulate debate
- Boxes present information in a reader friendly, memorable format
- Each chapter provides extensive research, conceptual critique, information about sources, and resources for further information.
Edited by Sarah Cowley, BA, PhD, PGDE, RGN, RHV, HVT, Professor of Community Practice Development, Public Health and Health Services Research Section, Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King's College, London, UK