Breast Cancer, 3rd Edition
A Practical Guide
Totally updated, including data from ASCO 2005, and revised to include a synopsis of the current wealth of literature available, this best-selling text still retains its original purpose which is to provide an indispensable compendium of all the current information and studies on breast cancer. Allowing oncologists, primary care physicians, medical students and nurses to base their practice on the current evidence found in the literature, this book is essential for ensuring that practice is evidence based.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New format design in two colour throughout
- New illustrations
- Totally updated and revised to include key information published in journals over the last three years
- Updated information on key studies
- Retains its highly successful original format
- Totally brought up to date for the modern practitioner
- Written in concise outline format emphasizing the key concepts.
- Results of key studies summarized in 5-10 lines each with key data always presented.
- Comprehensive index allowing quick and easy access to the information presented in the book.
- Cross referencing of specific disease entities and generic / trade names where appropriate.
This paperback is packed with valuable information and useful resources, and will no doubt be very helpful for resident doctors and other new entrants to the specialty to get a quick overview of breast cancer management. This is not to say that experienced oncologists who care for patients with breast cancer will not find anything useful in this book. The Lancet Oncology, November 2005
Edited by Orlando E. Silva, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine and Director of Breast Cancer Education, University of Miami, USA; and Stefano Zurrida, MD, Current Secretary to the Minister of Health of Italy, Istituto Europeo di Oncologia, Direzione Scientifica, Milan, Italy