Pain in Neonates and Infants, 3rd Edition
Pain Research and Clinical Management Series
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
A new edition of a highly regarded text in the series on Pain Research and Clinical Management. The book is now used as a standard reference text for those working in the field of neonatology and paediatric pain assessment and management. It provides a comprehensive resource of the latest information in the field for use by both researchers and clinicians. The text is intended for use by all professionals working in the field: neonatologists; pediatricians; anestheiologists; nurses; psychologists.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Covers pain management in infants up to 1 year of age as well as term and preterm neonates.
- Includes new chapters on: Long-term consequences of neonatal pain from animal models; Pharmacogenetics and pharmacodynamics of analgesic drugs; Neuraxial and Regional Analgesia and Anesthesia; Fetal pain and surgery; Vulnerable Populations, Palliative Care; Infant Pain in the Home and Community, Developing Countries; Health Policy and Health Economics related to Infant Pain; Complementary and Alternative Approaches to Pain in Infancy; and Future Direction.
- Multidisciplinary editorship and authorship ensuring relevancy and balance of content for all professional groups concerned.
- Clinically relevant and research based.
- Edited and written by the best known international names in the field.
Edited by K. J. S. Anand, MBBS, DPhil, Professor of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Neurobiology, Morris and Hettie Oakley Endowed Chair of Critical Care Medicine, UAMS College of Medicine; and Director, Pain Neurobiology Laboratory Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute, Little Rock, AR, USA; B. J. Stevens, RN, PhD, Professor of Nursing and Medicine, University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Signy Hildur Eaton Chair in Pediatric Nursing Research; and Associate Chief of Nursing (Research), Toronto, Canada; and Patrick J. McGrath, OC, PhD, FRSC, Professor of Psychology, Pediatrics and Psychiatry, Canada Research Chair, Dalhousie University; and CIHR Distinguished Scientist Psychologist, IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada