Fetal and Neonatal Neurology and Neurosurgery, 4th Edition
This book provides a definitive reference work on the developing brain, from conception through the first year of life. Its purpose is to provide the range of specialists involved in the management of the fetus and the neonate with the latest information on the developmental neurology and pathology of the developing central nervous system, so that they can provide prompt and informed treatment of neurological disability – the most feared complication of pregnancy and the early months of the life of the newborn child.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes the latest ultrasound techniques – to reflect the massive improvements since the last edition.
- Medico-legal issues highlighted – in recognition of the role of specialists as expert witnesses.
- Covers the latest MR techniques: fast sequences for fetal brain imaging, DWI, tractography.
- A cross-specialty book: brings together the work of specialists on the immature brain from the fields of obstetrics, paediatrics and neurosurgery.
- An international book: edited and written by an international team of experts.
- Highly illustrated: includes over 800 images and line drawings that capture the latest investigative techniques.
- Focused on treatment: key points boxes pick out the most important information for the busy specialist.
- Evidence-based information: extensively referenced with the latest and most important papers and articles.
"The book has 88 contributors from all over the world, who under the guidance of the two editors have made a wonderful comprehensive book...it should be found on the shelf of every neonatal department or unit."
International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health, 2009
By Malcolm I. Levene, MD, FRCP, FRCPCH, FMedSc, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, Division of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Leeds, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK; and Frank A. Chervenak, MD, FACOG, MMM, Given Foundation Professor and Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY, USA