Haematology, 3rd Edition
An Illustrated Colour Text
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This textbook on haematology in the Illustrated Colour Text series is suitable for medical students, junior doctors and others needing a concise and practical introduction to the subject.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updating to take account of recenty developments in stem cell biology.
- Increased emphasis on genomic and proteomic techniques in the diagnosis of haematological malignancy.
- Use of new imaging techniques including MRI and PET.
- Description of advances in treatment of leukaemia and lymphoma and in diagnosis and management of patients with thrombophilia and venous thrombosis.
- Development of new antimicrobial agents in management of immunosuppressed patients with infection.
- New double page spread on palliative care of patients with blood disorders.
- New illustrations.
- Concise and manageable coverage of the major blood diseases and their treatment.
- Does not overload the reader with science, unlike some competing books.
- Focus is on the haematology patient and on the practical aspects of the subject.
- Makes use of the attractive features of the ICT series - double page spreads, lots of colour illustrations, summary boxes.
By Martin R. Howard, MBChB, MD, FRCP, FRCPath, Consultant Haematologist, York Health Services NHS Trust; Clinical Senior Lecturer, Hull York Medical School, York, UK; and Peter J. Hamilton, MA, BA, BCh, FRCP, FRCPath, Consultant Haematologist, Department of Haematology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK