Master Medicine: Surgery, 3rd Edition
New to This Edition
This book is a one-volume core revision text covering surgery and surgical specialities, designed to stimulate the student into assessing his/her own knowledge during self-directed learning and exam preparation. The emphasis on self-assessment is designed to make learning easier and more enjoyable.
- An introductory chapter on how best to use the book
- each chapter starts with an overview
- a core text with learning objectives
- a self-assessment section at the end of each chapter allowing the student to assess progress in the application of the facts to common surgical problems.
The structure of the book is:
"This book is useful for exam preparation as well as for obtaining basic core knowledge in general and subspecialty surgical fields for medical students and young surgical trainees. The chapters cover the most commonly encountered problems, describing them concisely."
Hisakazu Hoshi, M.D. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Doody Enterprises, Inc.
- Further refinement to the contents reflects what is regarded as core knowledge.
- Major revision of the self-assessment material to match changes in the style of examinations, including more EMQ and single-best answer questions, and OSCEs.
By Michael Lavelle-Jones, MBChB, FRCS(England), FRCS(Edinburgh), MD, Consultant Surgeon, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK; and John Dent, MMEDEd, MD, MHEA, FRCSEd , Reader and Honorary Consultant in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK