Master Medicine: Microbiology and Infection, 3rd Edition
A clinically-orientated core text with self-assessment
New to This Edition
Master Medicine: Microbiology and Infection is brief and accessible, approached from the point of view of what you will need to know in order to understand the clinical work you will eventually be doing. It includes a wide range of self-assessment material, ideal for testing your understanding, and helping you to prepare for your exams.
- Concise synoptic (not telegraphic text).
- Appropriate self-assessment material.
- Only covers core, so student knows the whole book is essential.
- Includes key objectives.
- Contains simple and memorable diagrams for reproduction in exams.
- Ideal for learning as well as examination review, specifically trying to stimulate the student into assessing his/her own knowledge.
- The books in the series both complement other available major texts, but also contain enough material to stand in the own right.
- Provides examination practice.
- Part of co-ordinated series.
"These books are brilliant for taking on the road out to peripheral hospital placements, and cover all the essentials (plus a little bit more) on all the key topics. They have plenty of information to help explain those topics and subjects you see on the wards/in theatre…When time is a little short, and you simply need fast hard facts in an easy to read yet thorough way these books are simply perfect. I have no doubt in recommending them to my friends or any other medical student."
Medical Student, Bristol University, UK (series review)
- Contents refined to reflect 'core knowledge'
- Major revision of self-assessment material to match change in exam styles (more Extended Matching Questions and OSC-style questions)
By Timothy J. J. Inglis, BM, DM, PhD, FRCPath, FRCPA, DTM&H, Medical Microbiologist, PathWest Laboratory Medicine WA; Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Western Australia; Consultant Microbiologist, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia