Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Here's the latest edition of the leading reference work on histological techniques. This book is an essential and invaluable resource no matter what part you play in histological preparations and applications, whether you're a student or a highly experienced laboratory professional. This is a one stop reference book that will help you at the beginning of your career and which will remain valuable to you, even as you gain experience in daily practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Expanded coverage of immunohistochemistry helps you make optimal use of this crucial approach.
- New coverage of molecular genetics as it applies to histopathological diagnoses.
- 5 brand new chapters on Ergonomics, Laser Capture, Tissue Microarray, GrossingTechniques, and Genetics keep you up to speed on the latest techniques.
- New material on Quality Assurance and Audit facilitates day-to-day laboratory management.
- Contributions from almost 30 expert contributors involved in teaching, research and practice provide a well-rounded perspective.
- Extensive summary tables, charts and boxes make reference easy
- Color photomicrographs provide visual guidance on the latest techniques.
New Edition Edited Book Winner at The Royal Society of Medicine &The Society of Authors’ Medical Book Awards
“This book will be an invaluable adjunct to the histology biomedical scientist – from the student to the highly experienced. It provides in-depth information covering a full range of histological techniques from the basic sectioning to the advanced immunocytochemistry.”
By John D. Bancroft, Formerly Pathology Directorate and Business Manager, Queen's Medical Center, Nottingham, UK; and Marilyn Gamble, Formerly Quality Assurance Co-ordinator, Cellular Pathology Services, Kaiser Permanente Regional Reference Laboratories, North Hollywood, CA, USA