Clinical Biochemistry, 2nd Edition
Metabolic and Clinical Aspects
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Essential reading for candidates for the MRCPath examination and similar postgraduate examinations in clinical biochemistry. The book gives an overview of the acquisition of data, as well as concentrating on clinical aspects of the subject, giving detailed coverage of all conditions where clinical biochemistry is used in diagnosis and management. In common with other diagnostic specialties clinical biochemistry now uses an increasing number of techniques involving the 'new biology': these are covered in this book. It is also increasingly common for medically qualified clinical biochemists to become involved in the clinical management of patients (eg nutritional support) and material on this will be included.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Significant changes to content to reflect changes in how clinical chemistry services are organised and to reflect the advent of metabolic medicine as a recognised specialty.
- Chapter on Clinical biochemistry of nutrition to include new information on regulation of appetite and the clinical management of obesity.
- New chapter to bring together information on inborn errors of metabolism affecting adults.
- New chapter on clinical biochemistry of cardiovascular disease.
- The diabetes chapter has been split into two separate chapters to allow more detailed description of the practical clinical management of the disease.
"An invaluable resource... Information is wide ranging and detailed but also very practical, being applicable to the real questions about real patients that we have to deal with every day. There are lots of tables for easy reference. I heartily recommend this book."
Elizabeth Hall, Annals of Clinical Biochemistry
By William J. Marshall, MA, MSc, PhD, MBBS, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPEdin, FIBiol, Consultant Clinical Biochemist and Clinical Director of Pathology, The London Clinic; Emeritus Reader in Clinical Biochemistry, Kings College London, London, UK; and Stephen K. Bangert, MA, MB BChir, MSc, MBA, FRCPath, Consultant Chemical Pathologist, East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, Eastbourne, UK