Key Topics in Psychiatry
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
This title is directed primarily towards trainee psychiatrists sitting MRCPsych or similar exams and qualified psychiatrists. It summarizes information on a wide range of topics such as important journal articles, clinical trials, government White Papers, guidelines and rating scales which are vital for both good exam performance and clinical practice, but which are not available elsewhere between one set of covers.Table of Contents
- Brings together information from disparate sources on the major areas of psychiatry - saves much trawling through journals and other sources.
- Covers the vital areas for each topic as relevant - summaries of journal articles, clinical trials, government directives, national guidelines.
- Presents the information in an easily accessible form through the use of bullet points, lists, tables and diagrams.
- Invaluable for the hard pressed exam candidate revising for the essay paper and clinical sections of Part II of the MRCPsych and similar exams.
- Also highly relevant for psychiatric CPD and for day to day practice.
"The aim of the book is to keep the trainee and qualified psychiatrist abreast of modern psychiatric practice and in that, the book succeeds remarkably well...each page is brimming with fact upon fact, the reader does not feel overwhelmed since the text is neatly set out and bullet pointed and the writing style is to the point."
Univadis, review 149, March 2008
By Sheena C. Jones, MBChB, DRCOG, MRCPsych, Specialist Registrar in General Adult and Learning Disability Psychiatry, West of Scotland Higher Training Scheme, Scotland, UK; and Kate Roberts, BSc(Med Sci), MBChB, MRCPsych, Senior Registrar, Forensicare, Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health, Melbourne, Australia; formerly West of Scotland Basic Training Scheme, UK