The Physiology of Training
Advances in Sport and Exercise Science series
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. A title in the Advances in Sport and Exercise Science series, it provides valuable, current information for those involved in sports science, coaching science, physical education, and health promotion. Highly respected researchers and practitioners in the field have come together to produce a text containing a wealth of knowledge and experience in dealing with training at the highest level of athletics. Drawing on all available research literature, this book offers a significant contribution to training physiology by providing an in-depth explanation of coaching science using both theoretical and practical models for training across a wide range of coaching disciplines.Table of Contents
- Presents comprehensive coverage of the physiology of training.
- Outstanding list of contributors, including Olympic and World Championship Medallists from a variety of sports.
- Theory presented is underscored by practical examples across a broad range of athletics, providing a special blend of information combined with practical application.
- Exclusive chapters address training and medical conditions, as well as training and the environment.
- Clearly organized structure allows rapid access to desired information, making it a prime resource and practical teaching tool.
The Physiology of Training is a gem. I have already used, cited, referenced and recommended it to teaching colleagues; third year undergraduate and postgraduate students; personal trainers; and coaches, both in academia and within the Health and Fitness industry. I look forward to the other forthcoming titles within the series; its a tough act to follow!
The Sport and Exercise Scientist
Edited by Gregory Whyte, BSc(Hons), MSc, PhD, PGCE, FACSM, Director of Science and Research, English Institute of Sport, Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre, Buckinghamshire, UK