Positional Release Techniques with DVD-ROM, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
A comprehensive textbook covering all methods of spontaneous release by positioning. The background theory is explained and the techniques described in detail. The descriptions of the techniques are supplemented in the text by clear 2-colour line drawings and photographs and the DVD-ROM provides additional explanation through the use of video demonstrations with narrative by the author.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Three new contributed chapters: Sacro-occipital technique use of padded wedges for diagnosis and treatment; Overview of the McKenzie Method; and Application of positional techniques in the treatment of animals.
- Completely updated, with additional new videoclips included on DVD-ROM.
- 56 new 2-colour line drawings and 27 new photographs.
- Compares all major positional release methods, from strain/counterstrain to functional osteopathy
- Details step-by-step use of these manual methods
- Describes integrated use with other manual approaches, such as Muscle Energy Techniques
- Provides explanations of treatment of both muscle and joint problems
- Explains how the methods can be used to treat bedridden patients
- Emphasises safety and usefulness in both acute and chronic settings
By Leon Chaitow, ND, DO, Registered Osteopath and Naturopath, Honorary Fellow, School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster, London, UK