Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques
Practical Case Study Exercises
The perfect companion to the two volumes of Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques, this guide to case exercises helps readers understand how to use neuromuscular techniques in specific clinical scenarios. It presents a series of 34 individual case histories, differential diagnosis discussions, and questions cross-referenced to the page or section of the textbook where answers can be found. Cases simulate the types of problems typically encountered in neuromuscular therapy practice, selected from a series of case histories submitted by experienced NMT practitioners. This innovative resource emphasizes and promotes a multidisciplinary approach to practice, pointing out when it may be appropriate to refer to other practitioners or explore an alternate course of action.Table of Contents
- Edited by the authors of the two volumes of Clinical Application of Neuromuscular Techniques.
- Presents 34 case histories that simulate the types of cases typically seen in neuromuscular therapy practice.
- Includes details of each case similar to the information load a patient would present at the first therapy session such as a patient profile, health history, presenting complaints, contributing factors, and clinical evidence.
- Follows up each case with a series of questions that prompt the reader to consider contraindications, additional tests, and pertinent details necessary to effectively and safely address the presenting condition.
- Offers suggestions on developing a plan of action for each case.
- Cross-references highlighted keywords to the index of each textbook so readers can easily access details associated with particular tests, concepts, and protocols.
- Includes additional boxed information, illustrations, and red flag warnings associated with each discussion.
By Leon Chaitow, ND, DO, Osteopathic Practitioner and Senior Lecturer, University of Westminister, London, UK; and Judith DeLany, LMT, Teacher and Practitioner of Neuromuscular Therapy, Director of NMT Center, St. Petersburg, FL