Churchill's Pocketbook of Clinical Pharmacy, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$47.95|
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. A comprehensive handbook of clinical pharmacy, it covers everything from the role of the pharmacist to key areas of practice such as OTC (over-the-counter) prescribing and therapeutic drug level monitoring. The new edition specifically addresses the changing role of the pharmacist in the community, issues surrounding compliance, management and communication skills, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- How to Use This Book section at the beginning of the book helps readers get the most out of the text by describing all of its assets and their uses.
- Expanded and timely information on the changing role of the pharmacist in the community, including their role in initiatives such as smoking cessation, and protocols for emergency hormonal contraception.
- Includes more content on compliance such as researching and providing patients with accurate drug information.
- Expanded information on communication and management skills emphasize the importance of these skills for both community and hospital pharmacists.
- Improved, more user-friendly format features a two-color design to make finding information easier.
- This unique pocket-sized clinical reference is easy to use on the go.
- Includes content on both hospital and community pharmacy.
By Nick D. Barber, BPharm, PhD, MRPharmS, Professor of the Practice of Pharmacy, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, UK; and Alan Willson, BPharm, MSc, MRCPharmS, Director of Service Development, National Leadership and Innovation Agency for Healthcare; Llanharan, UK