Cardiology In Focus
Here's a quick, portable, well-illustrated source on a full range of cardiac conditions! Each chapter succinctly reviews the clinical features, differential diagnosis, management, and prognosis
of a particular cardiac condition, accompanied by 4 to 6 high-quality color clinical photographs.
Readers will also find self-review picture tests, with answers, at the back of the book. The result is
an ideal resource for exam preparation and a handy review for hospital rounds.
- Presents more than 170 full-color and black-and-white images that depict the clinical appearance
of disease, pathologic specimens, and major investigational procedures such as ECG, ultrasound, radiography, and modern nuclear scanning.
- Examines a wide variety of issues, including cardiologic investigation, congenital disease, and principles of therapy.
- Features a consistent chapter design, with summaries of each condition's incidence, clinical features, differential diagnosis, management, and prognosis on left-hand pages and 4 to 6 illustrations on the facing right-hand pages.
- Offers a broad selection of review questions to help readers practice for exams and build confidence.
- Delivers a convenient pocket size for instant reference anywhere.
"The In Focus series are useful 'trigger texts' i.e. they give enough information so that you want to read further or continue your learning on the internet. The colours have been used nicely, with realistic print colours of patients, instruments and slides. The set out of the books are ideal with good, quick refernce contents, making the series ideal for students in Clinics and/or ward rounds."
Medical Student, UK, January 2005
By Glyn Thomas, MD, Specialist Registrar in Cardiology, Newham General Hospital, London, England; and Andrew A. Grace, MD, PhD, MRCP, FACC, British Heart Foundation Senior Research Fellow, University of Cambridge; Consultant Cardiologist, Papworth Hospital, Cambridge