Your Questions Answered
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Highly Commended (Endocrinology category), BMA Awards 2005
This new volume in the popular "Your Questions Answered" series uses a question-and-answer format to provide easy access to hands-on guidance on the management of diabetes. Its succinct, practical coverage explores the latest evidence-based practice guidelines and their interpretation. Case vignettes illustrate the clinical relevance of the material.
- Includes case vignettes that demonstrate the practical application of the topics and guidelines discussed.
- Examines evidence-based practice guidelines and their interpretation in everyday patient care, clarifying why these guidelines suggest certain approaches and indicating when strict adherence may not be the best policy.
- Features the expertise of two experienced diabetes specialists who have been exposed to a wide range of different diabetic problems over many years.
- Covers both common and uncommon issues.
- Offers useful information on professional societies and guidelines, diagnostic criteria, journals, web sites, and patient resources.
- Presents answers to patients' most frequently asked questions.
This is certainly the best of the diabetes resource books, especially for busy GPs. It's a very well-presented book, with excellent sections very relevant to primary care. Furthermore, starting the chapters with questions allows all readers to check their current knowledge before reading the book.
BMA Awards 2005
By Paul L. Drury, MA, MB, FRCP, FRACP, Clinical Director of Diabetes Services and Medical Director, Auckland Diabetes Centre; Honorary Clinical Associate Professor in Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand; and Wendy Gatling, FRCP, DM, MB, ChB, Consultant Physician, Department of Diabetes, Poole Hospital NHS Trust, Poole, UK