Feeding and Nutrition in the Preterm Infant
Limited Stock - Order Soon
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
New to This Edition
A practical handbook for healthcare professionals that covers all aspects of pre-term nutrition, using evidence-based information to promote safe and effective practice.
- Easily accessible information on all aspects of pre-term and neonatal nutrition
- Includes the latest research-based information on mammary physiology and the dynamics of milk expression
- Discusses the nutritional requirements of the pre-term breastfed infant - and how to succeed in meeting these needs
- Provides effective interventions to prevent pre-term breastfeeding failures
- Problem-solving strategies ensure a smooth transition from nasogastric to breastfeeding
"The book concentrates on the important area of breast feeding of the preterm and the use of expressed milk when breast feeding is not possible. It this respect the book fulfils its remit very well." S B Ainworth, Disease in Childhood, (2006; 91; 374-375)
'A well-designed resource for all professionals involved in the care of the neonate... While firmly recommending this book to all neonatal units and transitional wards, I would also suggest that those supporting mothers nursing term infants would find this book a worthwhile and informative read.'
Royal College of Midwives Journal 'Midwives'(September 2006, Vol. 9, No. 9)
By Elizabeth Jones, MPhil, Breastfeeding Specialist (Neonatal Unit), North Staffordshire Hospital (NHS) Trust, UK; and Caroline King, BSc(Hons), SRD, Chief Dietician (Paediatrics), Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK