Basic Medical Sciences for MRCP Part 1, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Written for candidates sitting their MRCP Part 1 examination, this revision focuses on the recurring themes which come up in the questions. The book also includes a chapter on clinical pharmacology (which alone accounts for up to 30% of the questions), looking at aspects of drug-induced disease and drug interactions. Finally there is a chapter on statistics and epidemiology which is rarely covered in other texts, but is often included in the exam.Table of Contents
- Helps MRCP Part 1 candidates prepare for and pass their exam.
- Addresses an increasingly important topic in the exam.
- Addresses a topic that is vital to passing the exam, but which most candidates are poorly prepared for.
- Covers all the relevant basic science subjects plus includes clinical pharmacology.
- Is of use to candidates studying for other postgraduate exams such as PLAB, USMLE and MRCPCH.
- Is the first book of its kind in the membership market and is now regarded as essential for exam preparation.
By Philippa J. Easterbrook, MB BChir, BSc(Hons), FRCP, DTM&H, MPH, Head of Department, Professor of HIV Medicine and Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases, Guy's, King's and St Thomas' School of Medicine, King's College Hospital, London; Formerly Senior Lecturer in Infectious Diseases, Imperial College School of Medicine, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK