Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
An internationally recognized team of editors and contributors present an authoritative, state-of-the-art reference on nuclear medicine and its clinical applications. They focus on helping the reader to solve the challenges encountered in day-to-day practice, including image interpretation, image optimization techniques, and pitfalls in image acquisition and interpretation. Over 4,400 illustrations, 803 in full color, comprise a comprehensive visual guide to interpretation. This new edition also incorporates three brand-new, full-color atlases—PET and PET/CT, SPECT and SPECT/CT, and a PET brain atlas—as well as many new full-color images (more than 800 in all)!
Completely revised and thoroughly updated throughout, the 3rd Edition encompasses of all of the latest advances in the diagnostic and therapeutic modalities available for cancer, heart disease, neurologic disorders, and trauma as well as other diseases, both common and rare.
New to This Edition
- Provides completely revised and thoroughly up-to-date coverage in every chapter.
- Introduces a new co-editor—Dr Sam Gambhir, who provides new perspectives on the field's hottest developments.
- Presents expanded coverage of tumor diagnosis and therapy · cardiac nuclear imaging · and radionuclide imaging of neurologic and psychiatric disorders.
- Features brand-new chapters on lymphoma therapy · PET imaging · sentinel lymph node biopsy · gated SPECT · multi-modality imaging · molecular imaging · drug discovery · cost/benefit analysis · and bone density.
- Incorporates full-color images throughout the text.
- Features over 4,400 high quality images depicting a full range of both common and rare diseases and abnormalities.
- Emphasizes how to perform and interpret a test rather than the technical aspects of the procedure, and focuses on how to solve the diagnostic problems that occur in day-to-day practice.
- Addresses practical considerations such as image interpretation, image optimization techniques, and pitfalls in image acquisition, and interpretation.
- Offers state-of-the art global perspectives from an international team of editors and authors.
"The new third edition of this textbook is unquestionably the ultimate reference book of this evolving specialty...I recommend 'Nuclear Medicine in Clinical Diagnosis & Treatment' as the definitive reference for the practice of clinical nuclear medicine." JAMA March 2005 p.1267
By Peter J. Ell, MD, MSc, PhD, FRCR, FRCP, Professor of Nuclear Medicine, University College London, London, UK; and Sam Gambhir, MD, PhD , Director, Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford (MIPS); Professor of Radiology and Bio-X Program; Chief, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA