Clinical Endocrinology and Diabetes
An Illustrated Colour Text
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
A highly illustrated textbook of diabetes and endocrinology for medical students and junior doctors.Table of Contents
- An accessible coverage of diabetes and endocrinology in the graphic ICT format, making full use of line diagrams, colour photographs, tables and boxes.
- Comprehensive coverage of all common conditions, as well as the treatable rarer diseases.
- Boxes emphasise important clinical practice points.
- Summaries of crucial clinical trials are provided.
- Role of more specialised investigations, such as dynamic endocrine tests and magnetic resonance imaging are discussed.
"...easy to read and use, it is full of excellant diagrams, tables and illustrations which clearly supports the text included, they together will I believe enhance a students learning at whatever level the course is based"
Senior Nurse Lecturer, Staffordshire University
"Aimed at medical students and junior doctors, this book covers the essentials of endocrinology and diabetes, in a succinct and memorable fashion. The authors successfully integrate anatomy, biochemistry and physiology to provide a comprehensive review of the structure and function of the endocrine system...provides students with an invaluable review of this complex subject. This book offers a concise and accessible introduction and can be used as a good revision aid for medical students. It is a good core text for medical students and provides information on the basic science behind day to day clinical practice."
Medical Student, Bristol University Medical School, UK
By Shern L. Chew, Professor of Endocrine Medicine/Consultant Physician, Department of Endocrinology, St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London, UK; and David Leslie, Professor of Diabetes and Autoimmunity, St Bartholomew's and Royal London School of Medicine, London, UK