Master Medicine: Immunology
A core text with self-assessment
New to This Edition
This series of books reflects the trend towards a core curriculum and self-directed learning. The content is restricted to the 'must know' core information presented in a synoptic style. The diagrams that support the text are in a style that the reader can remember and reproduce in examinations. Each chapter ends with a selection of self-assessment material and full explanatory answers. These consolidate and expand on the chapter contents.
The series covers the entire curriculum in approximately twelve discipline-based volumes. This volumes presents an integrated coverage of basic and clinical immunology. Despite the use of problem- and/or topic-based curricula students still respond to the security of a well-ordered presentation of the basic information by traditional discipline.
- Concise text of the essential core material
- Accompanying self assessment material ideal for self-directed learning
- Simple line drawings of a style that can be easily reproduced in examinations
- New smaller format to fit on bookshop shelves.
- New internal design to look more up to date.
- Much stronger series cover design to encourage bookshops to display as a series.
- Increased self-assessment
- Includes the new OSCE style questions that are increasingly used in examinations.
- More consistent use of learning objectives.
By David M. Edgar, BSc, FRCP, FRCPath, Consultant Immunologist and Head of the Regional Immunology Service, The Royal Hospitals, Belfast, Northern Ireland