The Newborn Child, 9th Edition
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
This well-established, introductory text is ideal for all health professionals concerned with care of newborns. It provides in-depth information on the care of the newborn, both normal and abnormal, full-term and pre-term, and from minor to major abnormalities and illnesses. An introduction to neonatology concentrates on common conditions, and all aspects of care of the baby are covered - from the antenatal period to the end of the first month after birth.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully referenced to provide a current evidence base.
- Updated content reflects recent guidelines, developments in intensive care, pharmacology, and hepatitis C.
- A discussion of current issues includes vitamin K administration.
- Additional information is provided on the care of normal babies, including the parents' perspective.
- It provides an increased emphasis on the nursing/midwifery aspects.
- The concise, readable text facilitates the comprehension of content.
- The content is firmly evidence-based to ensure best practices.
- Key points listed throughout the text assist in learning and comprehension.
- Color photos illustrate important clinical conditions.
By Peter G.B. Johnston, MB, FRCP, FRCPCH, Formerly Consultant Paediatrician, West Dorset General Hospitals NHS Trust, Dorset, UK; Kristie Flood, Staff Nurse, Special Care Baby Unit, Royal United Hospital, Bath, UK; and Karen Spinks, Senior Staff Nurse, Special Care Baby Unit, Royal United Hospital, Bath, UK