The Newborn Child, 9th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
This well-established, introductory text is ideal for all health professionals concerned with care of newborns. It provides in-depth information on the care of the newborn, both normal and abnormal, full-term and pre-term, and from minor to major abnormalities and illnesses. An introduction to neonatology concentrates on common conditions, and all aspects of care of the baby are covered — from the antenatal period to the end of the first month after birth.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully referenced to provide a current evidence base.
- Updated content reflects recent guidelines, developments in intensive care, pharmacology, and hepatitis C.
- A discussion of current issues includes vitamin K administration.
- Additional information is provided on the care of normal babies, including the parents' perspective.
- It provides an increased emphasis on the nursing/midwifery aspects.
- The concise, readable text facilitates the comprehension of content.
- The content is firmly evidence-based to ensure best practices.
- Key points listed throughout the text assist in learning and comprehension.
- Color photos illustrate important clinical conditions.
By Peter G.B. Johnston, MB, FRCP, FRCPCH, Formerly Consultant Paediatrician, West Dorset General Hospitals NHS Trust, Dorset, UK; Kristie Flood, Staff Nurse, Special Care Baby Unit, Royal United Hospital, Bath, UK; and Karen Spinks, Senior Staff Nurse, Special Care Baby Unit, Royal United Hospital, Bath, UK