Master Medicine: Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2nd Edition
A core text with self assessment
New to This Edition
This series of books reflects the trend towards a core curriculum and self-directed learning. The content is restricted to the 'must know' core information presented in a synoptic style. The diagrams that support the text are in a style that the reader can remember and reproduce in examinations. Each chapter ends with a selection of self-assessment material and full explanatory answers. These consolidate and expand on the chapter contents.
The series covers the entire curriculum in approximately twelve discipline-based volumes. Despite the use of problem- and/or topic-based curricula students still respond to the security of a well-ordered presentation of the basic information by traditional discipline.
- Offers concise coverage of essential, core material.
- Key Objectives reinforce material and provide examination practice.
- Simple diagrams are included in a style that can be easily reproduced on exams.
- New smaller format to fit on bookshop shelves.
- New internal design to look more up to date.
- Much stronger series cover design to encourage bookshops to display as a series.
- Increased self-assessment
- Includes the new OSCE style questions that are increasingly used in examinations.
- More consistent use of learning objectives.
- Contents refined to take account of comments on first edition.
By Andrew McCarthy, MD, MRCOG, MRCPI, Consultant Obstetrician, Hammersmith and Queen Charlotte's Hospital, London, UK; and Bill Hunter, FRCS, FRCOG, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, York District Hospital, York, UK