Textbook of General and Oral Surgery
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
This practical resource helps readers arrive at an integrated understanding of both general and oral surgery — in one convenient text. A companion to Wray: Textbook of General and Oral Medicine, it provides the basic principles of general surgery and general medicine and a more detailed knowledge of certain areas of these specialties which are related to dentistry or have an influence on the practice of dentistry.Table of Contents
- Covers both general and oral surgery, giving the reader an integrated understanding of both subjects in one book.
- Discusses the basic principles of surgery at a level appropriate for future dentists.
- Provides information on general topics including wound healing and sepsis that is essential for all dentists.
- Gives an understanding of those specialist areas of surgery which have particular relevance to dentistry — including maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, and management of cleft palate.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of oral surgery.
- Covers anesthesia and sedation techniques.
- Offers clear line diagrams throughout.
"This book is valuable especially for those in undergraduate years and forms a quick reference book for those in postgraduate training in oral surgery." V. Sivarajasingham, British Dental Journal, November 2003
book comprehensively covers most aspects of oral surgery. The four authors and various contributors bring a great deal of knowledge and interest to its compilation, making it a very eaasy textbook to read.
Overall this is a book which should be recommended to undergraduates, house officers and senior house officers. This is also a textbook which some GDP's may wish to purchase for the practice library." Dr Karim Jaafary, Dental Practice, September 2003
latest textbook covers both oral and general surgery...a sound textbook for undergraduate dental students which is clearly presented at a suitable level. It would also serve as a good basic text for those embarking in a postgraduate career in oral surgery/surgical dentistry." Instructor, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Dental Update, April 2004
By David Wray, MD, BDS, MB, ChB, FDSRCPS, FDSRCS(Edin), Professor of Oral Medicine, University of Glasgow, Honorary Consultant in Oral Medicine, North Glasgow University Hospitals, NHS Trust, Glasgow, UK; David Stenhouse, DDS, BDS, FDS, RCPS, Senior Lecturer in Oral Surgery, University of Glasgow, UK; David Lee, BSc, MB, ChB, FRCS (Ed), Consultant General and Endocrine Surgeon, West Lothian and Lothian University Hospitals, NHS Trust, UK; and Andrew J. E. Clark, BSc(Hons), MB, ChB, MRCS (Ed), Clinical Research Fellow, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK