Practical Surgical Neuropathology: A Diagnostic Approach
A Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series, Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Practical Surgical Neuropathy-a volume in the new Pattern Recognition series- offers you a practical guide to solving the problems you encounter in the surgical reporting room. Drs. Arie Perry and Daniel J. Brat present diagnoses according to a pattern-based organization that guides you from a histological pattern, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Lavish illustrations capture key neuropathological patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions, and a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance. No other single source delivers the practical, hands-on information you need to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in neuropathology.
- Includes fully searchable access to the text online at expertconsult.com, along with an image bank of over 1430 downloadable images and tables.
- Provides all the information essential for completing a sign-out report: clinical findings, pathologic findings, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Illustrates key pathologic and clinical aspects of disease entities through over 1430 superb, high-quality full-color images that help you evaluate and interpret biopsy samples.
- Presents a team of internationally recognized experts for authoritative and up-to-date information from leading diagnosticians in neuropathology.
- Features a user-friendly design with patterns color-coded to specific entities in the table of context and text and key points summarized in tables, charts, and graphs so you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for.
- Directs you to the chapter and specific page number of the in-depth diagnostic guidance you need through a unique, pattern-based visual index at the beginning of the book.
- Details key diagnostic features associated with rare and esoteric conditions in a visual encyclopedia with distinctive findings and artifacts for unusual patterns at the end of the book.
By Arie Perry, MD, Arie Perry, MD
Professor of Pathology and Neurological Surgery
Vice Chair, Department of Pathology
Director of Neuropathology Division and the Neuropathology Fellowship Program
University of California at San Francisco (UCSF)
San Francisco, CA and Daniel J. Brat, MD, PhD, Daniel J. Brat, MD, PhD
Professor & Vice Chair, Translational Programs
Director, Division of Neuropathology
Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine
Atlanta, GA, USA