Miller's Anesthesia 2 volume set, 7th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
From fundamental principles to advanced subspecialty procedures, Miller’s Anesthesia covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice. It is the go-to reference for masterful guidance on the technical, scientific, and clinical challenges you face. Now new chapters, new authors, meticulous updates, an increased international presence, and a new full-color design ensure that the 7th edition continues the tradition of excellence that you depend on. Plus, with Expert Consult functionality, you’ll have easy access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com.
New to This Edition
- Extends the breadth of international coverage with contributions from prominent anesthesiologists from all over the world, including China, India, and Sweden.
- Features 30 new authors and 13 new chapters such as Sleep, Memory and Consciousness; Perioperative Cognitive Dysfunction; Ultrasound Guidance for Regional Anesthesia; Anesthesia for Correction of Cardiac Arrhythmias; Anesthesia for Bariatric Surgery; Prehospital Emergency and Trauma Care; Critical Care Protocols; Neurocritical Care; and Renal Replacement Therapy.
- Dedicates an entire section to pediatric anesthesia, to help you address the unique needs of pediatric patients.
- Presents a new full-color design -- complete with more than 1,500 full-color illustrations -- for enhanced visual guidance.
- Includes access to the full-text online for convenient referencing.
- Covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice in just two volumes.
- Offers step-by-step instructions for patient management and an in-depth analysis of ancillary responsibilities and problems.
- Incorporates ‘Key Points’ boxes in every chapter that highlight important concepts.
“Miller’s Anesthesia will enjoy a preeminent place on the bookshelves of anesthesiologists for the foreseeable future." - Anesthesiology, review of the last edition.
“A ‘must’ for anyone engaged in the clinical practice of anesthesia.” - Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, review of the last edition.
“Miller’s Anesthesia offers a good solution to aging information, a companion web site that is routinely updated.” - Anesthesia Analgesia, review of the last edition.
By Ronald D. Miller, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, Professor of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA; Lars I. Eriksson, Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden; Lee A. Fleisher, MD, Robert D. Dripps Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care; Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA; Jeanine P. Wiener-Kronish, MD, Henry Isaiah Dorr Professor of Research and Teaching in Anaesthetics and Anaesthesia, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care; Anesthetist-in-Chief, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA and William L. Young, UCSF Center for Cerebrovascular Research, San Francisco, CA