Gray's Anatomy for Students, 2nd Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
It didn’t take long for students around the world to realize that anatomy texts just don’t get any better than Gray’s Anatomy for Students. Only in its 2nd edition, this already popular, clinically focused reference has moved far ahead of the competition and is highly recommended by anyone who uses it. A team of authors with a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience has updated and revised this new edition to efficiently cover what you’re learning in contemporary anatomy classes. An improved format, updated clinical material, and remarkable artwork by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson make anatomy easier than ever for you to master. Unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies demonstrate practical applications of anatomical concepts. And, an international advisory board, comprised of more than 100 instructors, ensures that the material is accurate, up to date, and easy to use. To further enhance your learning experience, you’ll have access to the entire book online, with additional content, interactive exercises, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features a rewritten abdomen section for greater clarity.
- Provides updates and revisions to clinical material to provide you with the absolute latest knowledge in the field.
- Includes expanded discussions of cranial nerves for added clinical relevancy.
- Uses a new internal design and presents an improved index for easier retrieval of information.
- Provides more information on the general aspects of anatomy via introduction chapter.
- Offers the complete contents of the book online as well as additional material, interactive exercises, and much more, at www.studentconsult.com, giving you anywhere, anytime access to the information you need.
- Uses more than 1,000 innovative original illustrations— by renowned illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson—to capture anatomical features with unrivalled clarity, and makes body structures easy to locate and remember from one illustration to another through consistent use of color.
- Includes over 300 clinical photographs, including radiological images depicting surface anatomy and common clinical applications of anatomic knowledge.
- Presents an organization by body region that parallels the approach used in most of today’s anatomy courses.
- Features conceptual overviews summarizing each body region's component parts, functions, and relationship to other bodily organs.
- Uses clinical cases to underscore the real-life relevance of the material.
- Promotes further learning with other fine ancillaries from Gray’s, including Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy, Dorland’s/Gray’s Pocket Atlas of Anatomy, Gray’s Dissection Guide for Human Anatomy, and Gray’s Anatomy for Students Flash Cards.
"Beautiful illustrations. Clinically orientated - lots of surface anatomy, lots of clinical cases, and well explained and annotated radiology cases as well! The excellent short chapter on imaging in the introduction is also very helpful and useful. This book is a really helpful resource for any medical student."
BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges comments
"I particularly like the diagrams, which are clearly labelled, not cluttered, and helpfully coloured...this textbook is great. It is well-tailored to students, providing the anatomy information that we need to know. It gets a big ‘thumbs up’"
- Medical Student, University of Oxford (review of previous edition)
"...explains anatomy in a way that is easy to understand, but also puts the text in a clinical context along the way.The Interactive Surface Anatomy is very useful and well made - a great example of how Student Consult can provide teaching tools that simplifies complex subjects in a way no book can."
- Medical Student, University of Copenhagen(review of previous edition)
"This second edition of the hugely popular Gray’s Anatomy is an indisputable reference tool for the detailed study of human anatomy; suitable, due to its clinical orientation, for both students and all health professionals. The authors come from a strong and diverse range of teaching and clinical backgrounds and have collaborated to update and revise this new edition in order to meet the demands of the modern anatomy course more effectively. Their concern is to make the information accessible, easy to master and, above all, reliable - and to produce an up-to-date book on anatomy that is simple, easy to understand and enjoyable to read."
ReeDOC, July 2011
By Richard Drake, PhD, Director of Anatomy, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH; A. Wayne Vogl, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; and Adam W. M. Mitchell, MB, BS, FRCS, FRCR, Lecturer, Interventional Fellow, Department of Interventional Radiology, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK