Master Dentistry, 2nd Edition
Volume 1: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Radiology, Pathology and Oral Medicine
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
MASTER DESTISTRY is designed as a revision guide for dental students and offers the "curriculum essentials" in an easy-to-digest format. Each section is fully illustrated throughout and is supported by extensive self-assessment questions which allow the reader to assess their own knowledge of the topic and perfect their exam techniques. Now in colour, this second edition addresses oral and maxillofacial surgery, radiology, pathology and oral medicine and is perfect for both undergraduate students and post-graduates preparing for the MFDS or international equivalents.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New chapter on evidenced-based practice
- Extensive revisions to sections on surgical implantology and assessment of trauma
- Updated self-assessment material to reflect current exam formats
- Now published with colour!
- Quick reference revision aid for dental students – ideal for exam preparation!
- Integrates specialist areas of knowledge to enhance skills in clinical problem solving
- Evidence-based approach enables understanding of the strength of the evidence supporting current practice
- Includes extensive self-testing material – short answers, essays, MCQs and EMQs – enabling students to assess their knowledge and perfect exam techniques
- Suitable for post-graduate students who will find the book useful for the MJDF or international equivalent
The book provides a fantastic blend of core teaching and texts from the relevant disciplines, to allow students the opportunity to gain not only core knowledge but also the ability to approach clinical problem solving logically. The volume also conditions the student to make sensible, safe and informed decisions about patient management, not only for BDS/BChD/MFDS finals but also in the field of primary dental care. This knowledge, and informed decision making, not only aids the ability to rationalise clinical scenarios, but also promotes self appraisal and knowledge of when to refer to specialist colleagues. 4th Year BDS Student, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University
This book is probably the main reason I was able to pass my oral pathology and oral surgery paper!!
BDS Student, Dundee
By Paul Coulthard, BDS, MFGDP, MDS, FDSRCS, PhD, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK; Keith Horner, BChD, MSc, PhD, FDSRCPS, FRCR, DDR, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK; Philip Sloan, BDS, PhD, FRCPath, FRSRCS, Consultant Histopathologist, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne; Honorary Professor, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, UK; and Elizabeth D. Theaker, BDS, BSc, MSc, MPhil, Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow in Oral Medicine; Senior Tutor for Undergraduate Dental Studies, The University of Manchester, UK