Emery and Rimoin's Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics e-dition, 5th Edition
Continually Updated Online Reference, 3-Volume Set
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
Text with Continually Updated Online Reference! The most definitive and trusted reference in medical genetics is back-complete with state-of-the-art web site! The fifth edition of this comprehensive yet practical resource emphasizes application as well as the theory of medical genetics across the full spectrum of inherited disorders. Get expert clinical advice and guidance from over 250 of the world's most trusted authorities in medical genetics. The E-dition features the 5th edition of the textbook, additional new images, weekly updates, and more! With the latest information on prenatal diagnosis, genetic screening, genetic counseling, and treatment strategies, Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics will be an invaluable clinical tool for the practicing physician.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features contributions from many new authors-The "best and brightest" in the field.
- Contains a wealth of new information on the human genome, the genetic and molecular basis of disease, and much more.
- Regular updates from experts in the field, so Emery and Rimoin's stays current year after year.
- The full text and illustrations - fully searchable - to save time when looking for a fact quickly.
- An image library, downloadable to PowerPoint, to enhance presentations or lectures.
- Medline-linked references and direct links to full-text articles, where available, to expand access to important research.
- Drug information from Mosby's Drug Consult . . . and much more.
- Bridges the gap between high-level molecular genetics and individual application with practical, clinically oriented information.
- Includes information on analysis, interpretation, potential problems, and other issues that directly relate to the practicing geneticist.
- Addresses sensitive issues that may be encountered in practice like carrier screening, prediction, confidentiality, liability, and more.
By David L. Rimoin, MD, PhD, Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics, Director of the Medical Genetics Institute, Steven Spielberg Family Chair in Pediatrics, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine, Vice Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics, Program Director of the Intercampus Medical Genetics Training Program, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, US; J. Michael Connor, Professor and Head of Department, Institute of Medical Genetics, Glasgow, UK; Reed E. Pyeritz, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine & Genetics; Chief, Division of Medical Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, US; and Bruce R. Korf, MD, PhD, Chair of Medical Genetics, Department of Human Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, US