Wheater's Functional Histology, 5th Edition
A Text and Colour Atlas
This best-selling atlas contains over 900 images and illustrations to help you learn and review the microstructure of human tissues. The book starts with a section on general cell structure and replication. Basic tissue types are covered in the following section, and the third section presents the microstructures of each of the major body systems. The highest -quality color light micrographs and electron micrograph images are accompanied by concise text and captions which explain the appearance, function, and clinical significance of each image. The accompanying website lets you view all the images from the atlas with a "virtual microscope", allowing you to view the image at a variety of pre-set magnifications.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes access to website containing book images and additional material, extra illustrations, self tests, and more.
- Utilizes "virtual microscope" function on the website, allowing you to see images first in low-powered and then in high powered magnification.
- Incorporates new information on histology of bone marrow, male reproductive system, respiratory system, pancreas, blood, cartilage, muscle types, staining methods, and more.
- Uses Color coding at the side of each page to make it easier to access information quickly and efficiently.
- Includes access to www.studentconsult.com — where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable · "Integration Links" to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles · 300 new USMLE-style review questions, with answers and rationales · content clipping for handheld devices · an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources · and much more!
"This is an excellent book that should be used by everyone starting to learn histology. It is superbly simple and colourful with informative diagrams that are clearly labelled! This book makes histology enjoyable: much better than staring for hours on end down a microscope and not knowing what you are looking at! I like the way it divides the
sections into the different body systems. The index is very useful. High-quality illustrations are provided in this book and the printing quality is excellent. I will happily recommend it to all science and medical students!"
BMA Awards 2007
“…concise relevant text with excellent photographs, excellently reproduced…Wheater’s remains an excellent book and is highly recommended.”
Professor JA Lee, ACP News
By Barbara Young, BSc, Med Sci (Hons), PhD, MB, BChir, MRCP, FRCPA, Consultant Pathologist, North Glasgow University Hospitals NHS Trust, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK; James S. Lowe, BMedSci, BMBS, DM, FRCPath, Professor of Neuropathology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen's Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK; Alan Stevens, MBBS, FRCPath, Senior Lecturer in Pathology, University of Nottingham Medical School and Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen's Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK; and John W. Heath, BSc, Hons(Melbourne), PhD, (Melbourne), Associate Professor in Anatomy, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia