Churchill's Pocketbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology
A new publication in the highly-regarded Churchill's Pocketbook series covering the essentials of orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology suitable for medical students and Foundation doctorsTable of Contents
• A useful on-the-ward pocketbook for clinical medical students and Foundation doctors providing valuable on the spot coverage of all three topics
• The book has a unique authorship – a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, a Professor of Rheumatology and a Foundation doctor – ensuring complete accuracy of information tailored perfectly to the needs of the trainee
• The book’s user-friendly quick reference format aids rapid access to information on the busy ward
• It includes a distinctive and concise chapter on anatomy, providing the perfect level of detail for the trainee
• The pharmacology of commonly used drugs and a handy pharmacopoeia are also included
• The book will help improve a reader’s diagnostic skills and inform about current treatment options
• It is ideal for clinical placements in orthopaedics, A&E, rheumatology and general practice, as well as for revision during a musculoskeletal anatomy course.
"This book, I am sure will be a welcome addition to the pockets of medical students and junior doctors working in medicine, trauma and orthopaedics and A&E. I am sure GP trainees will also be browsing through it both in hospital corridors and GP surgeries."
BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges comments
By Andrew D. Duckworth, MBChB, BSc(Hons), Foundation Doctor, Accident and Emergency Dept, St John's Hospital, Livingston, UK; Daniel Porter, MD, FRCS(Tr&Orth), Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh and Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, UK; and Stuart H. Ralston, MD, FRCP, FMedSci, FRSE, ARC Professor of Rheumatology & Head of the School of Molecular & Clinical Medicine, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK