Practical Hepatic Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach
A Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series, Expert Consult: Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Practical Hepatic Pathology-a new volume in the new Pattern Recognition series-offers you a practical guide to diagnosing every challenging liver biopsy that you encounter in your daily practice. Dr. Romil Saxena presents diagnoses according to a pattern-based organization that guides you from a histological pattern of injury, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Lavish, full-color images capture key hepatic pathology patterns of injury, pathognomonic features and common variations of all major liver diseases and hepatic neoplasms, while a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance. No other single source delivers the practical, hands-on information you need to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in liver biopsies.Table of Contents
- Access the fully searchable contents online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank.
- Recognize the basic patterns of liver injury through an algorithmic approach and establish diagnosis by a pattern-based visual index present at the beginning of the book.
- Evaluate and interpret biopsy samples using superb, high-quality, full-color images that illustrate pathognomonic features and common variations.
- Get comprehensive information on major adult and childhood liver diseases, hepatic neoplasms and pre-neoplastic nodules including clinical features, laboratory tests, imaging findings and differential diagnosis.
- Understand the pathology and practice of liver transplantation with coverage of the clinical aspects of this procedure.
By Romil Saxena, MD, FRCPath, Indiana University School of Medicine; Indianapolis, IN