Practical Hepatic Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach
A Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series, Expert Consult: Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Practical Hepatic Pathology-a new volume in the new Pattern Recognition series-offers you a practical guide to diagnosing every challenging liver biopsy that you encounter in your daily practice. Dr. Romil Saxena presents diagnoses according to a pattern-based organization that guides you from a histological pattern of injury, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Lavish, full-color images capture key hepatic pathology patterns of injury, pathognomonic features and common variations of all major liver diseases and hepatic neoplasms, while a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance. No other single source delivers the practical, hands-on information you need to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in liver biopsies.Table of Contents
- Access the fully searchable contents online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank.
- Recognize the basic patterns of liver injury through an algorithmic approach and establish diagnosis by a pattern-based visual index present at the beginning of the book.
- Evaluate and interpret biopsy samples using superb, high-quality, full-color images that illustrate pathognomonic features and common variations.
- Get comprehensive information on major adult and childhood liver diseases, hepatic neoplasms and pre-neoplastic nodules including clinical features, laboratory tests, imaging findings and differential diagnosis.
- Understand the pathology and practice of liver transplantation with coverage of the clinical aspects of this procedure.
By Romil Saxena, MD, FRCPath, Indiana University School of Medicine; Indianapolis, IN