Wheater's Basic Pathology: A Text, Atlas and Review of Histopathology, 5th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
Wheater's Basic Pathology: A Text, Atlas and Review of Histopathology, 5th Edition, by Barbara Young, BSc, Med Sci(Hons), PhD, MB, BChir, MRCP, FRCPA, Geraldine O'Dowd, BSc(Hons), MBChB(Hons), FRCPath and William Stewart, BSc (Hons), MBChB, PhD, DipFMS, FRCPath is a pathology resource that offers a comprehensive introduction to the subject first by covering fundamental pathological processes and then addressing the common diseases encountered in systems pathology. Hundreds of high-quality images illustrate the essential features of pathology and make it easy to make definitive comparisons to your own lab samples, while concise captions enable you to quickly and easily understand key points. New online access via Student Consult further enhances your study of the material with additional valuable content including USMLE-style questions and much more. Wheater's Basic Pathology is an excellent companion resource for users of Wheater's Functional Histology, Wheater's Review of Histology, and Basic Pathology, or Robbins and Cotran Pathology Flash Cards.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes online access to Student Consult where you'll find the complete text and illustrations from the book, fully searchable • and additional USMLE-style questions for self assessment
- Provides additional colored text boxes with clinical-pathological correlations that explain the relevance of the pathological processes underlying common diseases and their complications.
- Features online access to Evolve Resources including a high-resolution image bank with all the illustrations, figures and tables from the book, and a test bank.
- Offers discussions of basic pathological processes as well as coverage of common diseases encountered in systems pathology for a complete review.
- Includes comprehensive updates, with relevant molecular pathology issues explained in the context of the clinical presentation, the treatment implications, and the underlying pathological processes
- Presents nearly 650 images of the highest quality that vividly and clearly illustrate the essential features of pathology and enable you to make definitive comparisons to your own lab views.
- Features concise text that distills basic and complex information into a coherent explanation to help you understand key points quickly and easily.
- Provides keys to the lettering in images at the bottom of each page, saving you time in reviewing figures.
- Serves as a companion text to Wheater’s Functional Histology, 5th Edition, offering a comparison of normal histology with the pathological changes in disease.
- Features a short review section at the end of each chapter covering the key point of the chapter in brief form for the perfect pairing of reference and review.
"The fact that this book has reached its fifth edition speaks for itself… In its new format, it uses a more clinical approach, which will appeal to modern students and their clinically oriented teachers… the first and only choice for all those pathologists who are still teaching microscopic pathology to their medical students." - Doody’s Review, 4 Stars
By Barbara Young, BSc, Med Sci (Hons), PhD, MB, BChir, MRCP, FRCPA, Director of Anatomical Pathology, Hunter Area Pathology Service, John Hunter Hospital; Conjoint Associate Professor, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
; William Stewart, BSc, MBChB, PhD, DipFMS, MRCPath, Consultant Neuropathologist & Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
and Geraldine O'Dowd, BSc (Hons), MBChB (Hons), FRCPath, Consultant Diagnostic Pathologist, Lanarkshire NHS Board, Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland