Wall and Melzack's Textbook of Pain e-dition, 5th Edition
Text with Continually Updated Online Reference
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Now available as a multimedia e-dition, the new 5th Edition of Wall and Melzack's Textbook of Pain, revised under new editorial leadership, and with a host of new, multidisciplinary international contributors covers virtually every aspect of pain. Read all the latest about the neurophysiology, psychology, and assessment of every type of pain syndrome. Describes today's full range of pharmacologic, surgical, electrostimulative, physiotherapeutic, and psychological management options. The e-dition offers the book plus a website. All drug information is linked to Mosby's Drug Consult, all references are linked to PubMed, and all illustrations and tables can be downloaded into PowerPoint slides for presentations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features the expertise of two highly respected new editors—Stephen McMahon, PhD and Martin Koltzenburg, MD, PhD—as well as many new contributors, for a completely fresh look at the subject.
- Uses a new, consistent format to present therapeutic options in an easy-to-review manner.
- Provides increased coverage of anesthetic techniques.
- Incorporates the most recent pharmacologic developments involving drug categories such as anticonvulsants, antidepressants, muscle relaxants, and cannabinoids.
- Several new chapters, including the one on addiction to pain medication, clinical trials, and evidence-based medicine in pain, extended headache section (1 chapter in 4/e vs. 4 chapters in 5/e).
- Offers many new illustrations to provide a colorful and graphic representation of important concepts.
- Reflects all of the changes that have taken place in this rapidly moving field.
- Covers all aspects of the physiology, psychology, assessment, and management of pain.
- Features contributions from a "who's who" of authorities in pain medicine, ensuring that the book is the most current, reliable, and complete core reference in the field.
"It goes without saying that Wall and Melzack's work is the preemptive text on pain...Required reading for all pain specialists."
— Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesia
"An indispensable resource...A masterpiece."
"The most comprehensive of any of the books dealing with pain."
By Stephen McMahon, PhD, Sherrington Professor of Physiology, Director, Centre for Neuroscience Research, King's College London, UK; and Martin Koltzenburg, MD, Hononary Consultant, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Professor of Pain Research, Institute of Child Health/Institute of Neurology, University College London, UK